We want to keep our patients and their families informed about news and events related to Methodist Richardson Cancer Center. The following events are hosted by Methodist Richardson Cancer Center.
Methodist Richardson Cancer Center
2831 E. President George Bush Highway – at Renner Road
Call 469-204-6100 for more information.
Breast Cancer Education and Social Group
Meets on the first Tuesdays of each month
6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Look Good, Feel Better
Offered four times throughout the year
American Cancer Society program that teaches female cancer patients beauty tips to look better and feel good about how they look during chemotherapy and radiation treatments. Call 469-204-6100 for details.
Yoga and Guided Meditation – open to all
2nd Tuesday of each month from 2 to 3 p.m.
4th Thursday of each month from 2 to 3 p.m.
Enjoy practicing easy and gentle chair postures, breathing exercises and guided meditation that will let you tune in, chill out and shape up all at the same time. Possible benefits include:
- Reduction of stress and tension
- Stimulation of immune system
- Overall sense of well being and calmness
Hospital Artist-in-Residence Program
A professional artist provides patients and caregivers with opportunities to create during treatment.
Pillars4Life – online cancer coping skills training course
Offered online starting Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 2 p.m.
- Pillars4Life teaches patients and their loved ones a concrete set of skills for relieving fear, clearing confusion, gaining a sense of control, and cultivating inner peace after a cancer diagnosis.
- The course will be offered starting Thursday, September 19 at 2 p.m. Participants will be able to take the course from the comfort of their homes, online through their computers or over the phone.
- For more information on the program or to learn how you can participate, please call 469-204-6100 or visit pillars4life.com.
Throughout the year, the Methodist Richardson Cancer Center offers several low-cost or free community cancer screenings. Check the calendar of events for community health screenings or call 469-204-6100 for more information.
Asian Breast Health Outreach Project
The Asian Breast Health Outreach Project provides education and mammogram screenings for uninsured and under insured Asian women over the age of 40. For more information, please call 469-204-6888.